Working Group 5: Mediating Research Through Technology
Working Group Chairs: Jennifer Edmond and Lars Wieneke
This Working Group will facilitate the knowledge transfer of the advances in digital research environments for the specific needs of the Action‚Äôs participants. It will include both researchers with experience in applying digital humanities methodologies and tools and IT professionals.¬† Together they will map the technologies applicable to various stages of a research project (data capture, processing, exploration and presentation) against the specificity of the digital tools, sources and collection policies, as well as issues of ethics and privacy.
Their findings will be consulted with other WGs to ensure their validity. The review will inform Joint Review Report which will describe both the state of the art and possibilities for providing new services to researchers. Based on the review, trainings (STSMs and training schools) will be organized to enable a hands-on experience of working with selected digital initiatives most suiting their needs.
The WG5 poster for DH2019 in Utrecht can be downloaded here.
- CFP: Master Class on Media and History & One Day Symposium (new deadline!)
- CFP: To the Left of Power? Radical Culture in Eastern Europe in the 1960s and 1970s
- Virtual Mobility Grants
- WORKSHOP on Digital Oral History Content Management
- CFP: Special Issue of the Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television
- CFP: Theory and Methods Workshop on Alternative Cultures
- CFP: Symposium "Prisms of Silence"
- NOW ACTIVE!!! Standing Open Call: Conference Grants for Early Career Investigators from ITC Countries
- STSM Call for Grant Period 4 re-opened!
- Show All
- Recording of the conference ‚ÄúCentral and Eastern European Samizdat during the Cold War. Comparative and Transnational Perspectives‚ÄĚ
- Workshop series 'Linking your Historical Sources to Open Data'
- To the Left of Power? Radical Culture in Eastern Europe in the 1960s and 1970s
- Linking Your Historical Sources to Open Data: Workshop Series
- Conference "Central and Eastern European Samizdat during the Cold War. Comparative and Transnational Perspectives"
Forum in Literary Studies / Spring 2021:
Cultural Dissent in Central and Eastern Europe
- Workshop: Thinking Left Dissent
- [NEW DATE] Workshop "Digital Storytelling as a New Form of Conveying Information"
- NEP4DISSENT Virtual Summit
- International symposium ‚ÄúPrisms of Silence‚ÄĚ in Tallinn
- TRAINING SCHOOL: Cultures of Dissent in Eastern Europe (1945-1989). Research Approaches in the Digital Humanities
- NEP4Dissent widely represented at 2019 ASEEES Convention in San Francisco
- Conference report: East European Dissent between Agenda & Legacy
- East European Dissent between Agenda & Legacy
- MC Meeting: European University of Tirana (UET) (May 30-31, 2019)
- Summer Training School in Digital History: Cultures of Dissent in Eastern Europe (1945-1989)
- Joint Working Group Meeting: Budapest
- Show All
- CFP: Beyond Friendships. Regional Cultural Transfer in the Art of the ‚Äė70s
- CFP: Art beyond the Politics: Africa and the ‚ÄėOther‚Äô Europe during the Cold War
The Secret Police and Study of Religions:
Archives, Communities and Contested Memories in Central and Eastern Europe
- An Evening with Resistance Studies!
- Methodologies of Working in Cold War Archives. Facts, Values and Archival Ecologies
- New project launched to explore archival collections of Eastern European dissidents exiled in France during the Cold War
- Krist√≥f Nagy: Debates over the Tendencies Exhibition Series (1980‚Äď81)
- Through the Lens of the Secret Police: Images of the Religious Underground in Eastern Europe
- Visegrad Scholarship at the Open Society Archives
- CFP: Socialist Folkloristics. A Disciplinary Heritage
- CFP: 16th annual HEIRS Conference
- Faith-Trust-Secrecy: Religion through the Lenses of the Secret Police
- CFP: ‚ÄėShe is made of stone‚Äô. Women in the Socialist and Post-Socialist Public Space
- CFP: Visual Ethics after Communism ‚Äď Special Issue of Journal "Martor"
- Pilecki Fellowship
- New book about Ukrainian dissidents published
- Vacancy for Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in the field of Transnational Contemporary History
- Visegrad Scholarship at the Blinken OSA Archives
- CFP: Artpool 40 -- Active Archives and Art Networks (Feb 20-21, 2020, Budapest)
- CFP: BASEEES Annual Conference 2020 (3-5 April, 2020, Cambridge, UK)
- NEP4DISSENT Joint Review Report Published!!
- CFP: Summer School Communicating Difficult Pasts in Kuldńęga, 2‚Äď7 August 2019
- CFP: NIHIL OBSTAT: Reading and Circulation of Texts After Censorship (NYU in Prague, 17-19 October)
- Conference and Spring School: Comparative Media Systems -- 100 Years of Media Systems in Southeast Europe
- CfP: WHY (NOT)? THINKING EASTERN EUROPE DIGITALLY (Sep 30-Oct 1, Marburg, Germany)
- Book Launch: Zs√≥fia L√≥r√°nd's The Feminist Challenge to the Socialist State in Yugoslavia (Palgrave, 2018)
- New Encyclopedia: ńĆesk√Ĺ liter√°rn√≠ samizdat 1949‚Äď1989
- New Book: Media and the Cold War in the 1980s (eds. Bastiansen, Klimke, and Werenskjold)
- Remembering Activism: vacancies for 3 PhD and 2 post-doc researchers
- Show All