Working Group 5: Mediating Research Through Technology
Working Group Chairs: Jennifer Edmond and Lars Wieneke
This Working Group will facilitate the knowledge transfer of the advances in digital research environments for the specific needs of the Actionâ€™s participants. It will include both researchers with experience in applying digital humanities methodologies and tools and IT professionals.Â Together they will map the technologies applicable to various stages of a research project (data capture, processing, exploration and presentation) against the specificity of the digital tools, sources and collection policies, as well as issues of ethics and privacy.
Their findings will be consulted with other WGs to ensure their validity. The review will inform Joint Review Report which will describe both the state of the art and possibilities for providing new services to researchers. Based on the review, trainings (STSMs and training schools) will be organized to enable a hands-on experience of working with selected digital initiatives most suiting their needs.
The WG5 poster for DH2019 in Utrecht can be downloaded here.
- Cultures of Dissent in Eastern Europe (1945-1989): Research Approaches in the Digital Humanities (CEU's Summer University)
- NEP4Dissent widely represented at 2019 ASEEES Convention in San Francisco
- CFP: Symposium "Prisms of Silence"
- Conference report: East European Dissent between Agenda & Legacy
- East European Dissent between Agenda & Legacy
- MC Meeting: European University of Tirana (UET) (May 30-31, 2019)
- Summer Training School in Digital History: Cultures of Dissent in Eastern Europe (1945-1989)
- Joint Working Group Meeting: Budapest
- Show All
- Pilecki Fellowship
- New book about Ukrainian dissidents published
- Vacancy for Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in the field of Transnational Contemporary History
- Visegrad Scholarship at the Blinken OSA Archives
- CFP: Artpool 40 -- Active Archives and Art Networks (Feb 20-21, 2020, Budapest)
- CFP: BASEEES Annual Conference 2020 (3-5 April, 2020, Cambridge, UK)
- NEP4DISSENT Joint Review Report Published!!
- CFP: Summer School Communicating Difficult Pasts in KuldÄ«ga, 2â€“7 August 2019
- CFP: NIHIL OBSTAT: Reading and Circulation of Texts After Censorship (NYU in Prague, 17-19 October)
- Conference and Spring School: Comparative Media Systems -- 100 Years of Media Systems in Southeast Europe
- CfP: WHY (NOT)? THINKING EASTERN EUROPE DIGITALLY (Sep 30-Oct 1, Marburg, Germany)
- Book Launch: ZsÃ³fia LÃ³rÃ¡nd's The Feminist Challenge to the Socialist State in Yugoslavia (Palgrave, 2018)
- New Encyclopedia: ÄŒeskÃ½ literÃ¡rnÃ samizdat 1949â€“1989
- New Book: Media and the Cold War in the 1980s (eds. Bastiansen, Klimke, and Werenskjold)
- Remembering Activism: vacancies for 3 PhD and 2 post-doc researchers
- Show All